The Flinders University YouTube Channel is our official YouTube Channel.
The Channel is managed by the Marketing and Communications Office and its focus is on:
- Prospective student attraction content – course related content and student work (with a focus on areas identified in the Operational Plan), the student experience (study, student life).
- Media and corporate content – Flinders University produced news stories, media clips, recordings of key events.
As we further develop our online video capabilities, we’re looking at meeting the following best practice content guidelines for YouTube videos:
- Videos should have clear purpose and target audience.
- Video footage should be short and fast paced.
- The end of a video should include a call to action (or at least web address).
- Contact information for the media should be provided.
Note: We will not accept video content that may reflect negatively or compromise Flinders University standing in the higher education sector.
- Joly K, Don’t upload your higher ed video to YouTube (or other video-sharing websites) before doing these 5 simple things, Collegewebeditor.com
- MediaCollege.com, Tips for Creating Better YouTube Videos.
Terms and conditions
All videos must meet YouTube’s community guidelines.
In addition, videos must comply with the following University policies:
It is also the applicant’s responsibility to have the relevant clearances on file from people featured in the video for the use of their image and statements in the video.
File format, size and length
To be uploaded onto YouTube files should be smaller than 1 GB and less than 15 minutes in length.
Acceptable file formats are .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG.
To submit a video for consideration complete the Flinders YouTube Channel - video submission form.
The Marketing and Communications Office (in consultation with relevant stakeholders) will review the video and will notify the applicant of the outcome.