Each of the above 3 areas of interest intersect in the research evidence, and function of nutrients at the cellular level.
: Sports Nutrition
: Nutrition and cancer
Recent Community Engagement activities have involved the following:
1. 2013-2015. Design and implementation of sports nutrition-specific menus for players at West Adelaide Football Club, with BND Independent Studies students Stephanie Walker, Annabel Murphy and Emma Mackay.
2. 2014. South Adelaide Football Club U16 Elite Development Academy. Nutrition education presentations on hydration and performance nutrition, with Sports Nutrition students Gemma Zanardo, Lauren March, Matilda Smale & Nancy Tai.
3. 2014-2015. West Adelaide and South Adelaide Football Clubs U16 and U18 squads pre-season nutrition education sessions, in association with SHAPE Research Centre, with assistance from BND students Beau Cubillo, Clare Flower, Matia Katsambalis and Annabel Comerford.
4. 2014-2015. Contax Netball club pre-season performance nutrition education, with assistance from BND students Clare Flower and Annabel Comerford.
5. 2015-2016. Nutrition education and dietary assessment for elite surf lifesaving competitors in the Flinders University/Surf Lifesaving SA High Performance Academy in association with SHAPE Research Centre, with BND INdependent studies student Marisa Caddy.
6. 2016. Norwood Cycling Club sports nutrition education session, with BND students Annabel Comerford and Clare Flower.
|Phone:||+61 8 72218852|
|Location:||Flinders Medical Centre|
|Postal address:||GPO Box 2100, Adelaide 5001, South Australia|