Planning Services delivers management information services to meet the University’s strategic objectives. This includes strategic analysis, advice and support to University leadership on University planning, performance, business analytics, institutional research, reporting, and data science projects in support of evidence based decision making.
In fulfilling its role, Planning Services’ responsibility includes:
- Planning, development, implementation and management of a strategically focused business analytics capacity including responsibility for the operation, output and development of the Business Analytics System.
- Development of a comprehensive and scalable institutional performance management framework for the University that is aligned with strategic and operational plans.
- Development, implementation and review of the University’s strategic and operational planning activities.
- Leadership of the development of the University’s predictive analytics and big data capability including student load, revenue and cost models which support resource allocation and budget preparation within the University.
- Provision of analysis and advice to the University’s decision-makers.
- Servicing of the University’s institutional research effort responding to the examination of relevant key issues.
- Provision of timely and accurate data for internal and external reporting, including student, staff and other data collections required by the Commonwealth Government.
- Execution and the advancement of institutional student feedback processes.
We are located in the Union Building, Level 0 (ground level of hub, entrance at top of stairs leading down to International Student Services).