Home  Search  Contact  Library  Staff Directory
General information



Obtaining a permit
OHS Guideline: Alcohol and other drugs on University premises

General information

The consumption of alcohol on University premises is governed by:

  • the Liquor Licensing Act 1997 (SA), and if outside South Australia, the equivalent legislation applicable in that jurisdiction;
  • Clause 22 of the By-laws made pursuant to the Flinders University of South Australia Act, and
  • Rules which have been approved for this purpose by the University Council.

Permission is required to bring alcohol on campus. An Application form must be completed for this purpose.