Would you like to take advantage of the learning opportunities available on campus?
Did you know that it is possible to sit in on lectures as an ‘Auditing' student?
The University has extended its Study Assistance for Professional Staff Scheme to include Auditing of courses and topics conducted at Flinders University.
The key points are:
- Professional Staff can apply for up to six hours of paid leave per week to attend lectures. Attendance at tutorials and practical sessions is not normal for audit students but can be negotiated with the Topic Coordinator. Audit students do not sit exams!
- any leave granted is subject to the convenience of the work unit involved and the approval of the Senior Officer of the area
- applications for leave must be made in advance and on the Study Assistance Form available from the Professional Development Unit
- staff members are responsible for identifying the Topic they wish to audit and for ensuring this is acceptable to the Topic Coordinator
- once application is approved, please send through evidence of payment (receipt or GL Journal) to the Professional Development Unit, and reimbursement to Faculty of $55 - $100 per topic (depending on load) will be arranged.
Once application has been completed (ensuring the Topic Coordinator has approved & signed form), please send to the Professional Development Unit for processing.