In addition to the range of courses available through the Unit, we offer a number of schemes to encourage professional staff to undertake development opportunities. These include:
- Professional Staff Development Fund - staff can apply for funding to support staff training and professional development linked to career advancement.
- Professional Staff Conference Scheme - staff can apply for funding assistance to attend conferences or courses provided outside the University.
- Study Assistance Scheme - available to all professional staff members who wish to undertake study to further their career. Staff may apply for up to six hours paid leave to attend lectures and tutorials. Reimbursement of compulsory Student Services and Amenities Fee is also available.
- Study Tours Scheme - provides an opportunity for professional staff to obtain funding for a study tour relating to their professional duties.
- Auditing University Topics - staff can apply to audit topics with the fee being reimbursed through the Professional Development Unit.