There are a number of funding and networking opportunities available to staff at Flinders.
Awards and Funding
In addition to the range of courses available through the Unit, we offer a number of schemes to encourage professional staff to undertake development opportunities. These include:
- Study Assistance Scheme - available to all professional staff members who wish to undertake study to further their career. Staff may apply for up to six hours paid leave to attend lectures and tutorials.
- Auditing University Topics - staff can also apply to audit topics with the fee being paid for by Professional Development.
- Professional Staff Conference Scheme - staff can apply for funding assistance to attend conferences or courses provided outside the University.
- Study Tours Scheme - provides an opportunity for professional staff to obtain funding for a study tour relating to their professional duties.
- Teaching Awards and Grants - available to teaching staff, aiming to recognise and promote teaching excellence and innovation through the University.
Networking Opportunities provided throughout the University allow staff to interact and support each other throughout their employment. Some of these include:
- ALLY Network - designed to enhance University culture by creating a more welcoming and inclusive environment for members of the Flinders community who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transsexual, transgender, intersex, questioning and queer (GLBTTIQQ).
- Equal Opportunity Contact Officers - provide confidential support and information to staff involved in a complaint of discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment or bullying.
- Maternity Leaver's Forum - biannual forums to explore issues impacting on pregnant or breastfeeding women or women returning to work from maternity leave. Everyone is welcome - men, women and supervisors.
- ATEM (SA) - a pre-eminant professional body in Australasia for tertiary education administrators and managers which is supported under the professional staff conference scheme.
- TechNet - an annual national conference supported by the the Professional Development Unit, keeping our technical staff connected.