The Professional Development Unit (PDU) provides learning and development opportunities for all Flinders staff through its comprehensive Workplace Learning Program. As part of the Human Resources Division, the PDU provides training with a focus on workplace skills development designed to:
- facilitate effective use of the performance management framework
- support career development activities
- nurture leadership skills for existing and future supervisors
- promote awareness of and respect for diversity of our staff
- foster collaboration and cross-unit cooperation through networking opportunities, special interest groups and forums
- enhance the quality of working life in the University
We offer a variety of courses, funding opportunities and support for staff by providing:
- a wide range of workplace learning courses and workshops
- customised workshops, tailored to meet your specific requirements
- facilitated team development activities
- flexible options for delivery through videoconferenced sessions, online training and face-to-face workshops
For more information, visit the following sections of our website or Contact Us.
A website designed to act as a guide and resource for new staff members to the University. Here, you will find information about the things you will need to know within the first few months of your employment, such as emergency procedures, timesheets, parking on campus and relevant policies. Supervisors of new staff can access critical resources here to assist with the induction and orientation process.
This site outlines all the courses the Professional Development Unit offers. Here you will find links to learning opportunities, organised into 'streams' which indicate general areas of course content such as 'Supervisor Skills', 'HR Essentials', and 'Workplace Skills'. Access to the 'iEnrol' system can be found here, enabling you to enrol in courses as well as view your current and past enrolments.
Information about funding opportunities for Flinders Staff, such as Study Assistance and Conference Schemes for Professional Staff.
This site also provides a list of Networking Opportunities for Flinders staff members.
The Leadership site lists current and past Leadership initiatives, including Management courses available to particular groups of staff members such as the 'Diploma of Management' and 'Management and Leadership Program'.
You will also find Women in Leadership stories on this site.
A program to assist early-stage researchers with their careers, the Flinders University Researcher Mentoring Scheme is in its first year. Information and statistics on the current pilot Researcher Mentoring Scheme are detailed on this site, along with activities, news and updates relating to the program.