Mandatory programs - all staff
The following induction and orientation programs are mandatory for all new staff:
- Employment Conditions Information Session for Professional Staff and Academic Staff. The Professional Development Unit, People and Culture will contact staff in their first few weeks of employment to invite them to the next available session.
- Orientation for New Staff: Equal Opportunity, Work Health and Safety, and Security
- Equal Opportunity online - Module 1
- Information Security Awareness Training
Mandatory programs - academic staff
Mandatory programs - supervisory staff
A staff member appointed to a role with supervisory responsibilities is also required to complete the following programs:
- Supervising staff at Flinders University online
- Work health and safety program for supervisors
- Equal Opportunity online - Module 2
Other programs for new staff
New staff involved with marketing, recruiting and advising overseas students are required to attend the ESOS compliance program in order to understand their responsibilities under the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2004. You can currently complete this program in an online learning program, or via a face-to-face workshop.
The following programs are not mandatory and all staff are welcome to attend: