Flinders Clinical Trials Pharmacy was established in 1997 to provide a regional depot for distributing clinical trial drug trial supplies to sites within Australia, New Zealand and Asia. Located at Science Park in Bedford Park, Adelaide, it is directly opposite the main teaching hospital, Flinders Medical Centre, and in close proximity to Flinders University.
As a registered pharmacy specializing in clinical trial pharmacy, Flinders not only offers a storage and distribution service for clinical trial supplies but can also provide a clinical trial pharmacy management service, to pharmaceutical companies, Contract Research Organizations and third party packaging groups.
Offering a flexible stock management and database system, Flinders can receive IVRS drug orders from a wide range of providers including Clinphone, ALMAC (formerly ICTI) ICON, PPD and Perceptives.
- Dedicated pharmacy with restricted access to pharmacy staff.
- Computerised data logging system for continuous monitoring of temperature and humidity.
- Monitored security system.
- Large cool room, centrally monitored as above.
- Freezer drug storage facility to -30ºC.
- Room temperature storage.
- Back-up generator.
- Separate returns area.
Flinders Clinical Trials Pharmacy offers service expertise in conducting a wide range of clinical studies in teaching hospitals, and an in-depth knowledge of hospital pharmacy and clinical research.
The following services can be provided:
- Organise regulatory and quarantine approval to import study drug supplies into Australia and to export to countries in the Australasian region.
- Customise or develop pharmacy related study materials eg Pharmacy Manual, Drug Accountability Documents, label proofs, drug instruction cards.
- Monitor training and investigator meetings.
- Regional clinical resource for pharmacy and study drug questions.
- 24 to 36 hour delivery of shipments to sites within Australia and New Zealand as well as experience in shipping to a wide range of Asian countries.
- Shipping other study supplies (eg diagnostic test kits, Case Record Forms).
- Preparation, tracking and reconciliation of Drug Accountability Documents.
- Managing and monitoring stock levels at the distribution depot and at sites.
- Monitoring of retest dates.
- Relabelling of clinical drug supplies with an extended retest date, for stock held at Flinders Clinical Trials Pharmacy.
- Organization of retest date relabelling at sites. Flinders Clinical Trials Pharmacy will provide the necessary procedures, documentation and supplies to enable sites to perform relabelling and subsequently track and reconcile relabelling accountability documents.
- Drug return and destruction service.