Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) has delegated responsibility for university-wide leadership and management of research, and reports regularly to the Academic Senate and the Vice-Chancellor’s Committee.
For more information, refer to Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research).
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) receives advice on research-related matters from the Research Advisory Committee.
The University Research Higher Degrees Committee is responsible for providing advice on relevant policy, and for monitoring and reporting on research higher degrees to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and Academic Senate.
The Scholarships Committee is responsible for overseeing the allocation of Australian Postgraduate Awards and other research higher degree scholarships.
In collaboration with the Southern Adelaide Health Service, Flinders has 4 committees with responsibility for ensuring that research projects involving animals, humans, Genetically Modified Organisms, carcinogenic substances, infectious materials (including human tissue samples) and ionising radiation (including radioactive substances) comply with all relevant regulations and reflect the highest ethical standards.
For more information, refer to Ethics and Biosafety Commitees.
Faculty Research Management
Faculty Research Management is devolved to the Executive Deans of Faculties, in some instances supported by Associate Heads (Research). Faculties either have a separate Research Higher Degrees Committee or have a combined Research and Research Higher Degrees Committee.
For more information, refer to:
- Faculty of Education, Humanities and Law - Research and Research Higher Degrees
- Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences – Research
- Faculty of Science and Engineering – Research
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences – Research.
Research Services Office
The Research Services Office promotes, fosters, supports and administers quality research activity at Flinders University. The Office is responsible for:
- administration of research grants
- negotiating and administering research contracts
- coordination of the university's ethics and bio-safety responsibilities
- collection and reporting of research performance data
- development of research related policy and advice to Senior Management
- the provision of support for new research management initiatives.
For more information, refer to Research Services Offices.
Research Financial Management
The Grants Finance Office in the Financial Services Division is responsible for the financial administration of all research grants, special purpose funds and consulting funds, including:
- establishing accounts
- loading budgets where applicable
- raising invoices for grant income
- authorising funding for staff appointments
- preparing financial statements
- assisting with policy/procedure queries
- monitoring overdrawn accounts
- liaison with external funding bodies.
For more information, refer to Grants Finance Office.
Higher Degree Administrations and Scholarships Office
The Higher Degree Administration and Scholarships Office provides support at the university-wide level for research higher degrees administration and scholarship matters.
For more information, refer to Higher Degree Administrations and Scholarships Office.