Flinders University, the University of Adelaide and the University of South Australia invite all higher degree by research (HDR) / research by higher degree (RHD) students at any of the three institutions to a 1 day workshop.
The workshop aims to give participants:
- an understanding of the ethical issues that may arise in research involving human participants (across the full spectrum from biological samples to whole populations);
- tools to analyse and address these issues;
- an understanding of what constitutes good practice in research; and
- information on how to prepare an ethics approval application to the Universities' Human Research Ethics Committees.
WHEN: Monday 25 September 2017 – 9 AM to 5:30 PM (Registration from 8:30 AM)
WHERE: Flinders in the City, Victoria Square, Adelaide
Current HDR/RHD students who have research projects which require human research ethics approval are strongly encouraged to register to attend this workshop. Non-HDR/RHD students whose current program of study requires an application for ethics approval may be eligible pending confirmation from the student's supervisor.
Attendees are required to nominate one of the following concurrent sessions of Ethical Considerations for Specific Research Methods or Fields to attend
- Qualitative (social sciences and humanities)
- Clinical Research (interventions, therapies; including clinical trials)
- Laboratory Research with Humans (human tissue samples, genetics, stem cells)