Please liaise with the Defence Exports Officer if you believe that you require a permit so that we can provide assistance with performing a self-assessment against the DSGL and with filling out relevant applications as required.

In addition to specific export permits, broader Australian General Export Licences (AUSGELs) are also available from DEC. Please contact Research Development and Support to determine if your export control compliance requirements may be met under an existing AUSGEL held by the University.

Application forms can be found on the Defence Export Controls Application Forms website. For advice on which form to complete please contact the Defence Exports Officer. Once completed, please send the application to the Biosafety Officer for submission to DEC.

All applications must be submitted to the RDS (via the Biosafety Officer), who will forward to DEC as required.