All external research grant applications, formal expressions of interest, and contracts or agreements with funding or resource implications require a fully completed Certification Form. This ensures that your proposed research has the required internal and external authorisations, and is recorded and reported on by the University.
University Network Use
If you are working from a computer that is connected to the Flinders University network and would like to apply your digital signature to the form, you should download the PDF version of the Flinders University Certification Form (PDF 440KB) .
The following instructions will guide you through the process of applying your digital signature to a PDF form for the first time:
- Click on a signature field within the form (all signature fields contain an illustration of a red ‘signing tab’). This will open a window in which you should select the option to ‘Create new digital ID file’.
- You will then be prompted to select the type of file you would like to create. We recommend that you create a ‘PKCS#12 digital ID file’, as this will allow you to choose where you would like to save your signature. Both personal folders or your desktop are suitable locations, however you may also wish to save a copy to a USB drive or external hard drive for use on remote, non-Flinders networked PCs.
- Once you have chosen which file type you would like to create, you should enter your personal details before moving to the next screen.
- Here you will need to enter a password and select the location to which you would like to save the file.
Once the file has been saved, applying your digital signature is as simple as clicking on the signature block and entering your password.
Non-University Network Use
If you are working from a computer that is not connected to the Flinders University network, you should:
- Download the PDF version above
- Fill it in.
- Print it and hand sign it.
- Scan and email it to your College office.
Further resources you may find useful…