What is FBS Connect?
FBS Connect is a mentoring program designed to help new students settle into their studies in the Flinders Business School. It aims to make them feel comfortable and confident about their new environment. It also aims to encourage new students to be proactive and disciplined in managing their time so that they are successful in their studies. Students have a much greater independence at university than they did in their secondary education.
The Flinders Business School mentoring team!
FBS Connect provides students in their first semester:
- with a mentor
- an initial orientation tour by their mentor, and
- regular meetings in a group with their mentor to review recent activities and discuss any issues or problems the new students are experiencing
Our mentors are students with a year or more of study behind them, who have expressed an interest in mentoring and who have been selected by FBS staff. They are keen to help new students settle in.
Some benefits our student mentors can provide to mentees are:
- sharing a senior student's knowledge of adapting to Campus life
- mentoring of your study skills, including strategies adopted by our senior students for completion of assessment tasks and successful learning
- help and advice for study issues including topic selection
- learning the skills of time management
Joining the team
Do you wish to be considered for the role of Mentor in the FBS Connect team? Then please complete our short Expression of Interest online form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
For futher information please contact
First year coordinator
Telephone: (08) 8201 2013