Centre for United States and Asia Policy Studies
CUSAPS is an internationally regarded source of high quality, accessible research on policy issues between Australia, the US and Asia, offering uniquely integrated perspectives on the respective players in the Asia Pacific.
The Centre's five principal areas of policy concern:
- Asia’s changing strategic landscape.
- Australian and US security and defence policy and its links to other US allies in the region, including cyber and space security.
- Australia’s economic relationships with Asia and the United States in the areas of trade, development, investment, and the development of treaty arrangements.
- Issues related to national and transnational governance, politics and political processes relevant to the region.
- Specific policy analysis with focus on energy, water, pollution, and other environmental issues of relevance to the region.
CUSAPS welcomes the opportunity to partner with Defence Science and Technology (DST) Joint Operation Analysis Division (JOAD) to provide a
social science strategic analyis in the
MCW Strategic Research Initiative (SR4) core program
"Modelling Complex Human Systems"