The Institute will foster internal and external collaborations and encourage high-quality applied psychological research. It will provide members with a unified and streamlined approach to research, which will facilitate communication and the use of resources within the University.
Benefits to Flinders University include:
- Recognition of Flinders University as a key player nationally and internationally in applied psychological research.
- Increased collaboration and external, cross-disciplinary and cross-institution engagement.
- Attraction of external grant funding from nationally competitive funds and from targeted national and international bodies.
- Engagement with the local community and with professional and clinical organisations.
- Increased numbers of higher degree students.
- Mentoring and development of early career researchers.
Flinders Institute of Psychological Science Annual Report 2013 (PDF 419KB) .