Honor Frost Foundation and Flinders University : Honor Frost - Flinders University PhD Scholarship
Opening Date: 12-10-2015
Closing Date: 07-12-2015
The Honor Frost – Flinders Doctoral Research Scholarship in Underwater Archaeology is a 3 year scholarship to support a candidate while they undertake a PhD in the area of Underwater Archaeology at Flinders University.
Two fully funded PhD scholarships are available to commence in 2016. One scholarship will be awarded to a citizen of an Eastern Mediterranean country who plans to return to that country as a professional in underwater archaeology or underwater cultural heritage. The second scholarship is open to all applicants regardless of citizenship.
The Scholarship provides a generous living stipend, which is tax exempt and indexed annually. The HFFDR Scholarship will cover international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University.
These scholarships are funded jointly by the Honor Frost Foundation and Flinders University to commemorate the Flinders University Maritime Archaeology Program’s role as Chair Holder of the UNESCO UNITWIN Network for Underwater Archaeology (2015 – 2018). The purpose of the scholarship is to enable a suitably qualified graduate to carry out, under the supervision of a member of staff, a program of study leading to a PhD in Archaeology, with a focus on underwater archaeology.
- have completed a Masters Degree in Archaeology or related field or an Honours Degree in Archaeology;
- have published at least one article or chapter in a peer reviewed journal or edited volume published by a reputable academic publisher;
- intend to commence full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia, in the year for which the award is to be allocated;
- enrol in Archaeology, with a focus on underwater archaeology;
- satisfy all entry requirements for a research higher degree, including the English proficiency levels; and
- not hold a qualification deemed the equivalent of an Australian PhD.
To apply for the Honor Frost - Flinders University PhD Scholarship you will need to provide :
- Application form;
- an up-to-date CV;
- submit a summary research proposal which demonstrates the research project research question, intended methodology, and potential outcomes;
- complete a Publication Details form, one for each publication; and
- arrange for your academic referees to complete and return the Referee's Confidential report form
Your completed application and all supporting documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the closing date.
See the full details of this award in the attached links below.
If you have any questions regarding to the scholarship, you should direct them to Jonathan Benjamin by email email@example.com
- Download the conditions of award for this scholarship scheme. This document is provided as an Adobe Acrobat portable document format (pdf) file. You will need to install the Adobe Acrobat reader on your computer to view pdf files. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is available free of charge from Adobe's website. Adobe provides tools for converting pdf files to HTML and ASCII text for users with vision impairments at its access.adobe.com website. If you require this document in other formats (plain text, ASCII), please contact the Student Finance Services.
- Download the application form for this scholarship scheme.
- Download Honor Frost - Flinders University Ph.D. Scholarship advert
- Download Publication Coversheet
- Download Referee Report form