Flinders University :AET Scholarship for Indigenous Student Achievement - Professions
Opening Date: 14-12-2015
Closing Date: 09-03-2016
The Australian Executor Trustees (AET) has a special interest in increasing the participation of indigenous Australians in the professions. The AET Scholarship for Indigenous Student Achievement in the Professions was established to support the retention and successful graduation of indigenous students, with particular regard to increasing the capacity of indigenous Australians to contribute to the cultural life of their communities.
Subject to the availability of funds, a minimum of one scholarship with a minimum value of $4000 may be awarded each year. The scholarship is to be used towards education related costs such as books, computers, fees, accommodation and travel.
- be of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- identify as an Australian Aboriginal of Torres Strait Islander; and
- be accepted as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander by the community in which they live or have lived; and
- normally reside in South Australia or the Northern Territory; and
- be enrolled in the final year of a Flinders University undergraduate degree, administered by a Faculty other than the Faculty of Health Sciences*, which is required for admission to a recognised profession or registration with a recognised professional body.
*Students enrolled in an undergraduate degree administered by the Faculty of Health Sciences may consider applying for the AET Scholarship for Indigenous Student Achievement in Medicine, Nursing, and Health Sciences.
Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student Information System. Applicants will need to login and navigate to the My Scholarships tab to submit an application. The application form for this scholarship is called “Indigenous Scholarships”, or you can search for it by the keyword "Indigenous". You will be considered for multiple scholarships if you complete this application. Please read the how to apply page and ensure all of your personal details are up-to-date in Student Two before applying as you will be assessed using the information in the Student System, including, ATSI status home and semester address, citizenship etc.
- View rules for this scholarship scheme.