The major source of research scholarship funding for Australian citizens and permanent residents of Australia is the Australian Postgraduate Awards. In addition, Flinders offers a number of University-funded scholarships called Flinders University Research Scholarships. Applications for these scholarships close on 31 October each year.
A wide range of other government and non-government organisations also offer scholarships for research higher degree study.
Unfortunately there are very few scholarships available for postgraduate coursework study.
Many scholarship schemes for research higher degree study close in August-October of the year preceding the intended commencement of study. Students are advised to start making inquiries well before they intend to start study.
A summary of the currently open postgraduate scholarships is below. There are a total of 0 postgraduate scholarship schemes currently listed in the Scholarships Database. This database includes schemes offered by Flinders University and schemes offered by external organisations.
- Bird Life Australia Research Awards
- Mawson Lakes Fellowship Program (MFP) for postgraduate research students
- PESA Graduate Scholarship
- Australian Bicentennial Scholarships and Fellowships for Study in the UK
- Physical Education Teaching Scholarships
- Endowment Challenge Fund Student Award
- Aborigines Advancement League Grants
- Padnendadlu Postgraduate Bursary
- Conservation Biology Grant
- Trish Ryan Bursary
- Diamond Jubilee Bursary
- Trevor Prescott Memorial Scholarship
- Padnendadlu Graduate Bursary
- Resthaven Postgraduate Scholarship in Aged Care
- Phil Hoffmann Travel Postgraduate Scholarship
- AsiaBound ACICIS Development Studies Immersion Program
- FUSA Development Grants