The major source of research scholarship funding for Australian citizens and permanent residents of Australia is the Australian Postgraduate Awards. In addition, Flinders offers a number of University-funded scholarships called Flinders University Research Scholarships. Applications for these scholarships close on 31 October each year.
A wide range of other government and non-government organisations also offer scholarships for research higher degree study.
Unfortunately there are very few scholarships available for postgraduate coursework study.
Many scholarship schemes for research higher degree study close in August-October of the year preceding the intended commencement of study. Students are advised to start making inquiries well before they intend to start study.
A summary of the currently open postgraduate scholarships is below. There are a total of 0 postgraduate scholarship schemes currently listed in the Scholarships Database. This database includes schemes offered by Flinders University and schemes offered by external organisations.
- Tony Noon Scholarship
- Lillian de Lissa Action Research Scholarship
- Mawson Lakes Fellowship Program (MFP) for postgraduate research students
- Jean Denton Memorial Scholarship
- Sir John Monash Scholarships
- SARRAH Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme (NAHSSS) - Postgraduate Scholarship (Allied Health)
- SARRAH Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme (NAHSSS) - Clinical Placement Scholarship (Allied Health)
- Lillian de Lissa Full Scholarship
- Lillian de Lissa Tuition Fees Scholarship
- Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarship in Law
- Resthaven Postgraduate Scholarship in Aged Care
- Early Childhood Scholarships for Aboriginal People
- Zado’s 2015 High Achievers Scholarship Program
- LAC Lawyers Scholarship
- FUSA Development Grants
- SMSF Property Investment Scholarship