Terms of Reference
In accordance with policy established by Academic Senate and funding allocations determined from time to time by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and the Strategic Research Advisory Committee, the Scholarships Committee will foster and encourage postgraduate research in the University by undertaking the following:
- Determining the award of postgraduate scholarships.
- Distributing such other funds for postgraduate student support as may be available from time to time.
- Monitoring the progress of scholarship holders and approving extensions to scholarships as appropriate.
- Proposing to Academic Senate, through the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), changes to the conditions of award of existing scholarships and to policy relating to postgraduate scholarships.
- Forward to the Chair of the Academic Senate by 30 June each year a Report on its activities for the preceding 12 months.
Chairperson appointed by the Vice-Chancellor
Assoc Prof Murk Bottema
Representatives of each of the four Faculties
Assoc Prof Malcolm Bond - Faculty of Health Sciences
Dr Peter Anderson - Faculty of Science and Engineering
Assoc Prof Kate Douglas - Faculty of Education, Humanities and Law
Prof George Crowder - Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
A research higher degree student nominated by the Board of FCCS, on the recommendation of the Student Council
Meeting dates for 2013
24 October (IPRS/FIPRS)
5 December (APA/FURS)
12 December (Conference Travel Grants)
Contact the Secretary
Team Leader - Scholarships and Higher Degrees
Phone: 8201 3115
Fax: 8201 5175