Terms of Reference
In accordance with policy established by Academic Senate and funding allocations determined from time to time by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) and the Strategic Research Advisory Committee, the Scholarships Committee will foster and encourage postgraduate research in the University by undertaking the following:
- Determining the award of postgraduate scholarships.
- Distributing such other funds for postgraduate student support as may be available from time to time.
- Monitoring the progress of scholarship holders and approving extensions to scholarships as appropriate.
- Proposing to Academic Senate, through the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research), changes to the conditions of award of existing scholarships and to policy relating to postgraduate scholarships.
- Forward to the Chair of the Academic Senate by 30 June each year a Report on its activities for the preceding 12 months.
Chairperson appointed by the Vice-Chancellor
- Assoc Prof Murk Bottema
Representatives of each of the four Faculties
- Assoc Prof Malcolm Bond - Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- Dr Peter Anderson - Faculty of Science and Engineering
- Assoc Prof Kate Douglas - Faculty of Education, Humanities and Law
- Prof Jason McCarley - Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Meeting dates for 2014
- 27 February
- 20 March
- 1 May
- 12 June
- 7 August
- 23 October (IPRS/FIPRS)
- 4 December (APA/FURS & Conference Travel Grants)
Contact the Secretary
Team Leader - Student Finance Services
Phone: 8201 2759
Fax: 8201 2580