The Faculty of Science & Engineering is one of four faculties at Flinders University. This organisational chart provides an overview of the Faculty.
- The Faculty Office is the central co-ordinating office for the Faculty's administrative and financial activity. Much of the student support and on-line learning development is delivered from here. Staff work closely with the Schools and Faculty committees in order to further our teaching and research objectives.
- The School of Biological Sciences includes staff members whose interests and expertise range from the molecular to the whole organism level. They provide teaching in Science and Arts, and in specialist degree areas such as Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Medical Science, Marine Biology, Aquaculture, Biodiversity & Conservation and Ecotourism. Broad ranging research programs are also available.
- The School of Chemical & Physical Sciences is a multidisciplinary school. Degrees are offered in the traditional areas of Chemistry and Physics, and in the specialist areas of Nanotechnology, Forensic and Analytic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical and Molecular Synthesis. Research programs in these fields are available.
- The School of Computer Science, Engineering & Mathematics incorporates the disciplines of Engineering, Computer Science / Information Technology, Mathematics and Statistics. The focus of the school is on best practice in the education, research, consulting and training in those areas.
- The School of the Environment combines the work of Environmental Managers, Environmental Health professionals, Geographers, Geologists, Hydrologists, Meteorologists, Oceanographers, and Population experts. Through the School they collaborate with world-leading researchers in the National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training, the Water & Environment Research Hub, and Airborne Research Australia.
- The Computer Services Unit provides support within the Faculty of Science and Engineering for undergraduate students, and for researchers and staff.
- Faculty committees
- Committees of the School of Biological Science
- Committees of the School of Chemical & Physical Sciences
- Committees of the School of Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics
- Committees of the School of the Environment
Faculty leadership team
- Executive Dean: Professor Warren Lawrance
- Deputy Executive Dean: Professor John Roddick
- Deans/Heads of Schools
- School of Biological Sciences: Associate Professor Ian Menz (Head)
- School of Chemical & Physical Sciences: Professor Joe Shapter (Dean)
- School of Computer Science, Engineering & Mathematics: Professor John Roddick (Dean)
- School of the Environment: Professor Andrew Millington (Dean)
- Deputy Deans of Schools
- School of Biological Sciences: Associate Professor Kathleen Soole
- School of Chemical & Physical Sciences: Associate Professor Martin Johnston
- School of Computer Science, Engineering & Mathematics: Professor Karen Reynolds
- School of the Environment: Professor Nancy Cromar (Interim Deputy Dean)
- Associate Heads of Faculty
- Teaching & Learning: Ms Karen Burke da Silva
- Research: Professor Mike Bull
- International: Professor Nancy Cromar
- Faculty General Manager: Dr Duncan Rayner