Lincoln Marine Science Centre (LMSC) was established in 1995 to support research and tertiary level education in marine science. It is located on the shore of Boston Bay in Port Lincoln, South Australia, in the heart of a region with temperate climate, clean waters, abundant marine life, and developed aquaculture and fishing industries. The facilities and location of the LMSC make it ideally suited to marine research and education.
It is a research centre for:
- Flinders University
- South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI )
- the Primary Industries and Resources South Australia, Shellfish Quality Assurance Program (SASQAP)
- TAFE (Port Lincoln TAFE campus)
The LMSC also offers excellent facilities for visiting students and researchers including a large lecture theatre, teaching laboratory and extensive aquarium areas.
- Tertiary level education in Marine Biology and Aquaculture (Flinders Uni & TAFE)
- Field and laboratory based marine research
- Courses and summer schools
- Conferences, meetings and workshops
- Support for visiting scientists and research groups (Australian & overseas)