This page provides links to Open Source Software and Public Demos relating to some of our Talking Thinking Teaching Head projects. If you use this software please cite the appropriate publication listed below.
Head X FaceGen Edition
As a FaceGen license is required to use this edition, it is not available for download here. Please contact project leader Martin Luerssen with details of your license if you wish to have access to this version.
Head X Open Source Edition
Head X is now available as an Open Source Edition (OSE) that completely strips FaceGen from it and is therefore compatible with the New BSD license. Instead of the morphable FaceGen model, we have a single head created with the open source MakeHuman (makehuman.org) tool. The quality of this is very high but the style is arguably not to everyone's taste; however, it is not too difficult to import different models into Head X: just provide a neutral mesh and all its morph shapes as a set of standard OBJ model files. Ideally, one might wish to integrate MakeHuman into Head X one day, but this would be a major undertaking, and new licensing (GPL) issues would arise.
Head X OSE files can be downloaded from this Dropbox folder or mirror or using the individual links below:
- HXGuide88OSE.pdf Head X Users Guide - Open Source Edition (PDF 5MB) – full user manual for Head X OSE
- HeadXOSE_R88.zip HeadXOSE_R88.zip – the Head X Open Source Edition
- AliceXS_R80.zip AliceXS_R80.zip – [optional] separate chatbot for combination with Head X, falls under the GPL license
- SynKitR9.zip SynKit for connecting Head X modules (ZIP 409KB) -– [optional] for building Head X plugins
- HeadX_OBJModels.zip – [optional] OBJ files of the Head X OSE model (Head X includes these already but they are repackaged into a fast-loading proprietary format)
Clevertar Prototype Demo
The Clevertar Demo should be runnable directly from the Clevertar website from any modern Java-enabled browser.
A copy for offline demonstration may be found here as either a zip with all files for all platforms, or a folder where cogniscenti can download just what they need (put the files in a folder then open index.html with a browser):
ClevertarDemo Zip (ZIP 9MB)
– the multiplatform Clevertar Demo
Clevertar OpenDay Buddy
Flinders University's Open Day Buddy for iphone/iPad/iOS or Android may be downloaded from your Apple or Android appstore - further information is available here.