Flinders University has very strong links with industry. These links flavour everything we offer in Science and Engineering - our curriculum, the best practice case studies we study in our programs, the projects we engage our students in, the doors we open to careers. This means that our people have an immediate impact on industry with the academic knowledge and rigour we give them during their time at Flinders.
One such example of this is the Work Integrated Learning (WIL) program. WIL is an approach that integrates theory with the practice of work in a purposely-designed curriculum.
Flinders University, our students and local employers work together to design and create a learning experience that benefits all parties.
- Benefits of Work Integrated Learning
- Read our case studies. Case studies from around Australia with ideas as to how work-integrated learning may fit within an organisation
- Faculty Work Integrated Learning brochure (PDF 538KB)
- Work Integrated Learning, a brochure from Innovative Research Universities Australia
- Innovative Universities Australia (IRU) Resources for industry
- WorkReady Internship Program