Projects and Publications
- Investigating factors influencing the survival of Salmonella in raw egg products and identifying control mechanisms to protect public health.
- Assessing pathways of pesticide exposure in children of professional pesticide handler.
- The potential to control Strongyloides stercoralis in the environment using chemical agents (nematicides).
- Transport and retention of microorganisms in porous media under different experimental conditions.
- Development of an environmental health model for municipal solid waste management in a rapidly urbanizing area of northeast Thailand.
- Microbiology of a high rate algal pond.
- Nematophagous and nematotoxic fungi as biological control measures for Strongyloides stercoralis.
- Toxicological and Microbiological Study of Rainwater used for Drinking in South Australia.
- Advanced Integrated Treatment of Pig slurry for Algal Biomass Production and Improved Pig Health.
- Inclined Planes for improved pathogen removal in high rate algal ponds (HRAPs).
- Clandestine Drug Laboratories in South Australia.
- Quantifying Microbial Risk Factors from the Consumption of Wastewater Irrigated Salad Crops.
Areas of research
- Environmental microbiology
- Environmental engineering
- Water quality, water reuse and wastewater treatment
- Indigenous environmental health issues
- Community engagement in environmental health
- Environmental toxicology
- Food microbiology
- Molecular biology
- Public health
- Indoor air quality