The Faculty of Science and Engineering has established a centralised store and procurement facility (Faculty Store) available to all staff, honours and RHD students. This facility replaces the stores that were operating in the Schools.
The Faculty Store provides the following services
- Supply of consumables, stationery, toners and cartridges, lab equipment, common chemicals and biological materials, and other small items that are kept in stock.
- Supply of Promega samples (the Promega freezer is located in the store).
- Procurement of supplies that are not held in stock, for example specialised chemicals or items of equipment for research projects.
- Assistance with import and export processes and freight handling and dispatch.
- Liaison with suppliers to ensure the Faculty receives preferential pricing.
- Point of delivery for incoming goods to the Faculty.