Research activities at Flinders University are guided by the activities of the Research Services Office.
Faculty Research Committee
The Faculty organises its research activities through the Faculty Research Committee.
Much of the on-line information on the committee is accessible only to staff working on-campus. However there is some publicly available information e.g. membership details, meeting dates, research policies, and guidelines.
Contact officers and advisers
The Faculty's contact officers and advisers for research matters.
Early Career Group
The Early Career Group supports research associates and post-doctoral students within the Faculty of Science and Engineering by conducting regular meetings and information sharing sessions.
Guide to the areas of research undertaken in our Faculty
The Faculty of Science & Engineering is involved in a wide range of research. See our Areas of research activity.
School based research foci
- School of Biological Sciences Research and Facilities
- School of Chemical and Physical Sciences Research and Facilities
- School of Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics Research
- School of the Environment Research
Areas of strategic research
Flinders University has considerable research strength where we have identified external opportunities for collaboration and partnership.
Our Faculty is involved with the:
Research organisations linked to the Faculty of Science and Engineering
The Faculty actively participates in research activities in partnership with a number of other research organisations such as:
- Airborne Research Australia
- Flinders Analytical
- Centre of Expertise in Energetic Materials
- National Centre for Groundwater Research & Training
- Flinders Centre for NanoScale Science and Technology
- Lincoln Marine Science Centre
- Sensor Signal and Information Processing
- Australian Seafood CRC (Co- operative Research Centre)
Other research related information
- Guidelines relating to the public disclosure of intellectual property.
- Research higher degrees contains a range of information, forms and resources for the use of research higher degree students and supervisors.
- Our Research Mentoring Scheme.
- The University's policy on research practice, and the Faculty's response
- University level information for Flinders researchers.