** NEW- We are very excited to announce the new Australian Hearing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Master of Audiology Scholarship **
Audiology at Flinders University is offered as a two year full-time Masters degree course.
The course provides students with the skills to assess, diagnose and treat hearing-related problems and provide strategies for managing long-term hearing impairment.
Supervised clinical learning is a central focus of the course and placements are offered in a variety of diagnostic and rehabilitative audiological facilities in South Australia and interstate.
The course is based on the Problem-Based Learning (PBL) teaching method.
Problem-based learning (PBL) is a student-centred approach to learning that allows students to focus on what and how they will learn. PBL encourages students to be self-directed, interdependent and independent.
Through this process students:
- are given an unfamiliar problem, situation or task to solve
- work together in small groups
- apply integrated research methodologies to identify possible solutions.
The Flinders University Master of Audiology is the only Problem Based Learning Audiology program in Australia.
OTIS simulation software is used to support the learning of the technological aspect of audiology. This software is installed on several dedicated computers. Students are rostered to use the software to master the technology in self directed sessions.
Why study Audiology at Flinders?
- Our course is the only Audiology Problem-Based Learning program in Australia
- We provide supervised clinical placements in health care centres, hospitals and private clinics
- We offer placements in South Australia and Interstate
- We offer block placements in country locations in second year
- Graduates are eligible for membership of the Audiological Society of Australia.