This University facility (web application) has been provided to help you develop a Flinders University staff business web page and create, edit and share content about your Flinders University work activities with students, colleagues and the public.
It is the new standard for developing staff pages hosted on the Flinders University website and it is available to all staff (academic and professional).
About this facility
- What type of content does it cover?
- What does it provide?
- Adding and editing content on your page
- How your page can be accessed
- Your biography.
- Your work contact details.
- Your teaching interests and activities.
- Your research interests and activities.
- Your expertise for media commentary.
- Your business and community interests and activities.
A standard URL for staff pages
All staff pages developed in the application have a standard URL.
This URL is made up of www.flinders.edu.au/people/firstname.surname.
<firstname> <surname> is based on your Flinders email alias.
Pre-populated fields and editable fields
It provides a mix of pre-populated fields and editable fields.
The editable fields are provided to allow you to add and edit content.
The pre-populated fields are populated with existing data from other applications (eg. contact details from FlinDirect (Staff Directory), research publications from the Research Information System).
- it reduces duplication of effort when you need to update this data
- you can see a range of data held and published about you within the one location.
An Editor tool
An Editor tool is provided to allow you to add and edit content in the editable fields provided.
This means that you do not have to know html in order to add and edit the content on your page.
Optional fields and features
- Where a particular field does not apply to you and is not filled with pre-populated data (eg research interests) simply leave it blank and it will not appear on your page.
- You have the option of uploading a photo.
- You have the option of uploading a document/s or publishing links for further information.
- You have the option of providing links within all editable fields.
- Provides a standard template and content approach to these important pages.
- Provides a systematic approach to creating links within and to other important University online facilities including: the Staff Directory, the expert media commentators guide, School subsites, etc.
- Provides a basis for developing University-wide value-add tools to promote and make our teaching, research, business and community activities more accessible to students, colleagues and the public (eg Search for a research supervisor).
All Flinders University staff can login to the application.
You login with your FAN.
Login to the application (Opens in a new window/tab).
Important note: The application does not work in Internet Explorer 8. Please use an alternative browser. We are working at resolving this issue in the meantime.
Tips and notes
Within the application itself you will find tips and notes to assist and guide you.
Hover your mouse over the symbol to access some of these tips and notes.
- By the standard staff page URL (ie www.flinders.edu.au/people/firstname.surname).
- By search - at the search staff pages facility, the general website search and search engines.
- By the website link in your staff directory entry.
- By the website link in the online media expertise directory, if you have an entry in that directory.
- By links from other relevant areas of the Flinders University website.
Your email signature: Remember to update or add the staff page url in your email signature. You may want to add it to other professional profiles - such as a LinkedIn profile.