No upcoming events
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
Leading Teaching and Learning for Course and Topic Coordinators: Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships
Great courses don't happen by accident or in isolation - they are the collective and deliberate effort of a team of staff. Most topics have multiple teachers and courses are delivered by a team of Topic Coordinators. This means that Course and Topic Coordinators occupy informal leadership positions within the University. This initial workshop examines the roles of Course and Topic Coordinators.
Participants may do workshop 1 only but will be encouraged to continue on to a further 3 sessions which are only available to those who have completed this training.
These workshops set staff on the path to developing their leadership and management skills to deliver good teaching; investigates how to liaise, collaborate and network with stakeholders to support student learning; and encourages staff to reflect on their developing leadership skills.
Workshop 1: Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Teaching and Learning at Flinders
Workshop 2: Developing Academic Leadership for Course and Topic Development and Delivery
Workshop 3: Liaising, Collaborating and Networking to Support Student Learning
Workshop 4: Valuing Quality in Teaching: Summing Up and Leading On
The predicted workload is four workshops plus a small, focused project over 4 months. To enrol in the extra three workshops and thereby complete the series and fully develop your skills, please follow this link - https://www.flinders.edu.au/staffdev/index.php/course/ADT
Type of course
Who should attend
Current Course and Topic Coordinators
What you will learn
- Teaching and learning leadership roles within Flinders University.
- develop a small, focused Action Plan related to the Course/Topic you coordinate;
- identify the skills needed to deliver the outcomes of your Action Plan and strategies for developing those skills.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills to engender productive working relationships to support student learning.
- Reflective practice skills around leading teaching and learning;
- Other learning outcomes to be suggested by the participants prior to the workshop.
Prerequisites / assumed knowledge
- Leading Teaching and Learning for Course and Topic Coordinators Workshop 1: Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Teaching and Learning at Flinders.
- Leading Teaching and Learning for Course and Topic Coordinators Workshop 2: Developing Academic Leadership for Course and Topic Development and Delivery.
- Leading Teaching and Learning for Course and Topic Coordinators Workshop 3: Liaising, Collaborating and Networking to Support Student Learning