Effective use of educational technology in teaching and learning can take place at any stage of teaching and learning.
A range of local teams at Flinders provide support across the spectrum of educational technology use, each in different ways, including:
Locally by Faculty/School:
- Local faculty support teams (support Faculty staff in use of FLO, elearning, computer-based learning, web development, flexible education)
- Centre for Educational ICT - training in FLO and educational technology tools, educational design and emerging technologies
- Library - support for student use of FLO, manage digital resources collections
- Information Technology Services - technical support for hardware, servers and desktop software
Your best first contact for educational technology support is your local faculty support teams. These teams support FLO and other educational technologies within each Faculty. They also contribute to many University groups and committees.
Resources and development opportunities
As well as people support, online resources are available in the eLearning Gateway.
Educational technology professional development workshops are also offered:
- Designing and teaching a fully online topic
- Basic building in FLO
- Marking and managing assignments
- Creating assignments
ETUG (Emerging Technologies User Group) meets usually 3-4 times a year with diverse attendance from various disciplines and roles across the University. This event includes presentations on projects and initiatives and is a great opportunity to ask questions and discuss ideas and practice.