At Flinders we have a range of processes across our major activity areas to ensure the quality of education, research, international activities, community engagement programs and other activities, including support services.
Our Strategic Plan, Inspiring Flinders Future - Flinders University Strategic Plan 2010 - 2014 (PDF 1MB) ,describes the Flinders blueprint for 2010 - 2014. One of our Key Strategies is ‘Valuing Quality in Teaching' with Key Actions including regular evaluation of teaching and rewarding teaching quality. This sits within an overall Evaluation Framework as described within the Evaluation, Monitoring and Review of Academic Programs and Teaching Policy
Flinders University aims to enhance educational opportunities through innovative and flexible entry pathways, a relevant and dynamic course profile, and improving the retention and progression of students.
Flinders University has a comprehensive framework of policies governing education matters.
Our key policies include:
• policies on course development, management and review, and evaluation of teaching
• student-related policies and procedures
• policies on academic staff employment and performance (complemented by provisions in the Flinders University Enterprise Agreement).
Quality assurance processes
The following instruments are used for quality assurance processes:
- Course Experience Questionnaire (CEQ) data and questionnaires
- Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET)
- Academic Calibration Process
More information on specific teaching quality areas can be on the menu bar on the left hand side of this page.