Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) has delegated responsibility for overseeing:
- the quality of educational programs
- University teaching and student learning
- support services for staff and students
- policy relating to teaching and learning.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) also meets regularly to discuss matters relating to education and quality with:
- Executive Deans
- Heads of Academic Organisational Units (AOUs)
- relevant administrative staff
- academic staff
- student representatives.
Educational Matters Advisory Group (EMAG)
To assist in managing the interface between the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic), the faculties and educational support areas, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) convenes the Educational Matters Advisory Group (EMAG).
EMAG members include the Chairpersons of Faculty Teaching and Learning Committees and key staff with management responsibility for student services provision.
Committees and staff responsibilities
Each faculty has teaching and learning and/or curriculum committees to provide advice to the Faculty Board and Executive Dean on education matters.
- Faculty of Education, Humanities and Law Teaching and Learning Committee
- Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences Teaching and Learning Committee
- Faculty of Science and Engineering Teaching and Learning Committee
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences Teaching and Learning Committee.
Faculties and designated staff
Faculties and designated staff within faculties have responsibilities for ensuring quality in accordance with university policies.
All teaching staff
All teaching staff have a shared responsibility for ensuring that quality and standards are maintained in the educational programs they offer.
Course and topic development
The Policy on Course and Topic Development, Approval and Management specifies the framework for managing and monitoring courses and topics.
Conduct of staff and students
A range of policies relating to education describe the rights, responsibilities and conduct of staff and students in the academic environment.
For further information refer to: