FlinSafe Moderator List (PDF 93KB)
FlinSafe User Guides - Hazard
FlinSafe User Guides - Incident Management
FlinSafe Manager and Supervisor Guides
FlinSafe Quick Reference Guides
FlinSafe Frequently Asked Questions (PDF 42KB)
FlinSafe is the electronic system used to assist with managing the data recorded for the Flinders University Work Health and Safety Management System. This system allows the central storage of health and safety data, allowing more consistent data recording, more efficient reporting methods and better analysis and monitoring of trends and Work Health and Safety KPIs.
The system is accessible at various levels for a wide range of people who work or interact with Flinders University including staff, students, volunteers, visitors, contractors, work experience students, labour hire workers and others.
The sections below outline the web links to the three interfaces as well as the support materials for this system.
- Public Portal - Access to anyone
- FlinSafe Portal - Access to Non-Casual staff
- Application - Access to Moderators, WHS Unit, Area / Division and College / Portfolio Management
- Field Trips - Access for everyone involved in field trips
- FlinSafe Hazard Reporting Flowchart (PDF 127KB)
- Hazard - Public Portal Guide (PDF 360KB)
- Hazard - FlinSafe Portal Guide (PDF 1MB)
- Hazard - Application Guide (PDF 1MB)
- FlinSafe Accident and Incident Reporting Flowchart (PDF 223KB)
- Incident - Public Portal Guide (PDF 1MB)
- Incident - FlinSafe Portal Guide (PDF 1MB)
- Incident Application Guide (PDF 1MB)
- Submitting a field trip request (PDF 186KB)
- Participating in a field trip (PDF 197KB)
- Completing a field trip request (PDF 69KB)
- Approving a field trip request (PDF 156KB)
- FlinSafe Field Trip FAQ (PDF 334KB)
- INC1 - Reporting an Incident (PDF 234KB)
- INC2 - Investigating an Incident (PDF 310KB)
- INC3 - Adding an Involved or Injured Person to an Incident (PDF 313KB)
- CA1 - Creating New Corrective Actions (PDF 151KB)
- CA2 - Updating and Completing Corrective Actions (PDF 136KB)
- FlinSafe Access Summary for Managers and Supervisors (PDF 18KB)
- FlinSafe Dashboards and Chart Views (PDF 192KB)
- FlinSafe Sign Off Tasks (PDF 200KB)
- Management Training (PDF 1MB)
What is an Incident:
An unplanned event which has the potential to cause injury, ill health to people or damage to property and the environment.
What is an Accident:
An unplanned event or incident that causes or contributes to personal injury.
Who is an Involved Person:
A person who has either been injured or was a witness to the event in which a person was injured.
What is a Hazard:
A situation or a thing or an environment which has the potential to cause harm to a person.
What is a Corrective Action:
Planned action(s) to eliminate or minimise the potential of a hazard to cause harm to a person, to damage plant or the environment.