The Work Health and Safety Unit provides:
- a central management system for work health safety, rehabilitation and workers' compensation services;
- a high level strategic advisory role to the University Executive;
- expert work health, safety and injury management resources including policies, procedures, documentation, reports, advice and assistance to the University community;
- the development and implementation of local area work health and safety management strategies, together with their integration into the University's management plans, processes and programmes in partnership with the Faculties/Portfolios;
- a consultancy service in relation to workplace inspections; and
- conduct of investigations into workplace incidents in partnership with the relevant Faculty/Portfolio WHS staff and management.