The Work Health and Safety Unit provides:
- a central management system for work health safety, rehabilitation and workers' compensation services;
- a high level strategic advisory role to the University Executive and to the Vice-Chancellor as Officers;
- expert work health, safety and injury management resources including policies, procedures, documentation, reports, advice and assistance to the University community;
- the development and implementation of local area work health and safety management strategies, together with their integration into the University's management plans, processes and programmes in partnership with the Colleges and Portfolios;
- a consultancy service in relation to workplace inspections; and
- conduct of investigations into workplace incidents in partnership with the relevant College/Portfolio staff and management.