What is ITAS?
Indigenous Tutorial Assistance Scheme (ITAS) provides additional tuition for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who are undertaking formal studies at Flinders University. Tuition is provided both on an individual and group tutorial basis, depending on the needs of the student and their current levels.
The scheme is coordinated by Shane Carr the ITAS Coordinator wthin Yunggorendi First Nations Centre, and is one of a range of services provided by the Centre.
How does it work?
Students are eligible for 2 hours tuition per week per subject and an additional five hours in total each semester for exam preparation. The amount and frequency of tuition provided is based on the educational needs of the student.
If you are a current Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander student at Flinders University and you wish to apply for ITAS tutoring just;
read the ITAS Student Application Pack,
fill in the Student Application Form, either directly online from the link below, or using the Student Application Form below, and emailing to email@example.com.
Tutor registration and ongoing requirements
To register as an ITAS Tutor you will need to;
- read the ITAS Tutor Registration Pack below,
- complete the tutor registration form via the form or online lodgement below - note this is registration only and does not guarantee employment,
- provide evidence of qualifications, delivered to the Yunggorendi office or to the ITAS Coordinator by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you are engaged as a Tutor you are required to;
- complete and lodge the required Student Work Program/s and Progress Reports available below, and
- lodge fortnightly Session Verification Forms relfecting the hours worked and entered in the payroll sytem.
Guides and forms
Tutor Information, Registration and Employment
- ITAS Tutor Registration Pack (PDF 183KB)
- Complete the following form and email ITAS Tutor Registration Form (PDF 276KB) or register online directly HERE
- ITAS Casual Employment Form (PDF 232KB)
Tutor / Student Program Forms
- ITAS Session Verification Form (PDF 835KB)
- ITAS Student Work Plan (PDF 847KB)
- ITAS Student Progress Form (PDF 910KB)
Student Information and Application
- ITAS Student Pack (PDF 117KB)
- Complete the following form and email ITAS Student Application Form (PDF 879KB) or apply online directly HERE