Our research is assisting a wide range of industries as we move Australia into a leading position for marine biotechnological innovation.
We support industry, government and further research through consultation and knowledge sharing including:
- conducting tailored research to identify functional compounds and application for marine organisms
- researching nutraceuticals and health supplement opportunities from marine bioproducts
- providing marine bioinformatics and metabolomics insights
- developing or introducing enhanced bioprocessing technologies that improve efficiency and reduce costs and waste
- refining biorefinery systems
- producing and cultivating specialist cell culture systems
- undertaking computer modelling for bioprocesses
- transforming seafood biomass and by-products into high value products
- enhancing quality of processed foods and fine chemicals, food safety and removing contaminants.
The Centre is proudly CleanTech listed by the Australian Department of Industry, Innovation, Sciences, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE).