Reimbursement for Professional Development

Casual academic employees are paid for agreed work undertaken and completed. Therefore, with your supervisor's prior agreement, you may be paid (at the OD1 rate) for attendance at workshops provided by the Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching, the Professional Development Unit, or your School. An opportune time to discuss your training requirements with your supervisor may be when completing your employment forms, especially the Estimated Work Schedule.

Schools are strongly encouraged to provide paid training for all sessional staff involved in teaching. If you would like to further develop your teaching or educational technology skills beyond the training prescribed by your supervisor, then, as a staff member of the University, you are welcome to attend Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching workshops on a voluntary basis.