The Graduate Diploma in Digital Production for Entertainment Design requires one year of full-time study. The course is offered by the Faculty of Education, Humanities and Law in conjunction with CDW Studios. It is only available as an exit award for students who are enrolled in the Master of Digital Production for Entertainment Design.
The course provides a high quality postgraduate program that is designed specifically for the rapidly changing commercial world of visual effects and all areas of entertainment design. It is designed for students looking to develop a career in film, television, video games, advertising and all areas of digital content creation.
The course aims to:
- further enhance applied skills and technical and theoretical knowledge to meet current market demands;
- expand interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate professionally and successfully in a team with colleagues;
- provide students with high-level knowledge, skills and methodology to independently carry out idea development, design and implementation of an animated short film;
- provide students with in-depth knowledge of the principles of intellectual property creation.
Upon completion of the course, graduates will be able to:
- demonstrate a high-level knowledge of and skills in the use of relevant industry software and hardware used in the digital production pipeline and be able to contribute to the creation of digital media products;
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge of industry trends and the ability to apply cutting-edge techniques;
- demonstrate advanced interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as part of a creative team;
- identify and analyse complex creative and technical problems and apply problem solving and critical thinking skills to these issues;
- demonstrate high-level knowledge and skills to independently carry out idea development, design and the implementation of an animated short film;
- demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the principles of intellectual property creation.
To qualify for the Graduate Diploma in Digital Production for Entertainment Design a student must complete 36 units with a grade of P or NGP or better in each topic, according to the following program of study.
Core - Year 1 topics
SCME8300 Creative Workshop 1 (4.5 units)
SCME8301 Research and Development 1 (4.5 units)
SCME8302 Production Project 1 (9 units)
SCME8303 Creative Workshop 2 (4.5 units)
SCME8304 Research and Development 2 (4.5 units)
SCME8305 Production Project 2 (9 units)