The Education (Primary R-7) Pathway is offered as part of the Bachelor of Arts and requires one year of full-time study (or the equivalent part-time). The Pathway is offered by the Faculty of Education, Humanities and Law. Upon successful completion of the one year Education (Primary R-7) Pathway, students will transfer to one of the courses listed under the Program of Study below.
The Education (Primary R-7) Pathway has different admission requirements to the Bachelor of Arts. In order to undertake the Pathway commencing students must apply for admission to the Education (Primary R-7) Pathway through SATAC.
The minimum requirements for consideration for entry to all undergraduate courses are specified in detail in the University Entry Requirements.
After successful completion of the one year Education (Primary R-7) Pathway, students will transfer to one of the following courses:
- the Bachelor of Education (Primary R-7)/Bachelor of Arts double degree. Students will be guaranteed entry on the condition that a GPA of 5.00 (Credit) or higher is achieved over the 36 units of study and a grade of Pass or higher has been achieved in the EDUC topics listed below. Upon transferring students will receive 36 units of credit transfer towards the double degree.
- the Bachelor of Arts (BA) . Upon transferring students will receive 36 units of credit transfer.
Students who do not meet the criteria for guaranteed entry into the Bachelor of Education (Primary R-7)/Bachelor of Arts may apply to transfer into this degree via the normal competitive admission process.
Except with the permission of the Board, no EDUC topic may be taken more than twice
Year 1 topics
36 units comprising
EDUC1120 Teaching and Educational Contexts (4.5 units)
EDUC1222 English Curriculum Studies 1 (4.5 units)
EDUC1226 Professional Experience: Year 1 (Primary R-7) (0 units)
COMS1001 Academic and Professional Communication (4.5 units)
NMCY1001 Academic and Professional Numeracy (4.5 units)
plus 9 units of BA Major topics
plus 9 units of BA Minor topics
BA Majors and Minors can be selected from the following:
- American Studies
- Applied Linguistics
- Australian Studies
- Biological Sciences
- Business Studies
- Chinese *
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice
- Earth Sciences
- Geography and Environmental Studies
- German #
- Health Education (minor only)
- Indigenous Studies (minor only)
- Information Technology
- International Relations
- Japanese #
- Latin American Studies (minor only)
- Legal Studies
- Liberal Arts (minor only)
- Modern Greek
- Physical Education
- Professional Studies (minor only)
- Public Policy
- Screen and Media
- Statistics (minor only)
- Visual Arts
- Women's Studies
* Only available as a Chinese Beginners stream. Advanced level students can enrol in the Advanced Chinese stream available cross-institutionally at the University of Adelaide. Please refer to: http://hss.adelaide.edu.au/current-students/undergrad/majorsminors/
# German and Japanese are available cross-institutionally at the University of Adelaide. Please refer to http://hss.adelaide.edu.au/current-students/undergrad/majorsminors/