The Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership) is a program for High Achieving students that provides undergraduates with Leadership Skills and work-relevant experience to make them of distinct value to employers. It requires three years of full-time study (or the equivalent part-time) and the honours program an additional year (or the equivalent part-time). The course is offered by the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences.
Students will choose to apply for either the:
OR one of the following named specialisations:
- Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership and Business Economics)
- Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership and Entrepreneurship)
- Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership and Human Resource Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership and International Business)
- Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership and Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership and Marketing)
The specialisation will be identified on the student’s transcript of academic record and on the parchment presented to the student on completion of the course.
Enrolment in the honours program may be offered to a student who meets certain academic criteria and subject to the school/department being able to provide appropriate resources and staff to supervise the program of study.
The minimum requirements for consideration for entry to all undergraduate courses are specified in detail in the University Entry Requirements.
The course provides a broad and flexible educational preparation for a range of professional, business-related careers in private and public enterprise. Its aims are to provide students with:
- advanced knowledge in management and leadership
- experience in the workplace
- the opportunity to develop specialist knowledge in at least one business-related professional field (including management, marketing, human resource management, international business, entrepreneurship, and business economics)
- the opportunity to undertake studies in other allied fields (including a language, legal studies, computing, public policy and commercial law)
- general knowledge, understanding, skills and attitudes to facilitate careers in business-related fields
- scope for studies beyond business to broaden their overall educational experience
Students successfully completing this course should be able to:
- demonstrate leadership through team-based projects and presentation
- present advanced level work at a student conference
- demonstrate introductory research skills in their area of specialisation
- apply specialist skills to analyse issues and develop appropriate reports or other documentation relevant to the area of business specialisation
- demonstrate an appreciation of the broad environment in which business operates
- contribute effectively to the successful operation of a business particularly in the area of their chosen business specialisation(s)
- apply analytical skills, relevant theory and logical thought to decision making processes within a business
- communicate effectively in a business environment, both verbally and in writing
- demonstrate commitment to ethical and socially responsible business practice
- demonstrate detailed understanding of theory and practice in an area of specialisation
The requirements of the Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership) (Honours) are the same as those for the Bachelor of Business (Honours).
The Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership) may also be studied in a combined degrees program with a: