To be read in conjunction with the program of study requirements for the Bachelor of Science (Honours) – 1 year.
Specialisations have different admission requirements to other programs of study available in the Bachelor of Science (Honours). In order to undertake a Specialisation students must be admitted to the Specialisation program. The name of the Specialisation will be on the transcript and parchment.
A student who has completed all the requirements of the Bachelor of Science with a specialisation in Clean Technology, or completed another qualification which the Faculty Board agrees is equivalent, may be accepted for admission to the honours program provided a sufficiently high standard has been achieved in fulfilling the requirements of the bachelor’s degree.
As well as the student's undergraduate record the availability of an academic supervisor for the research project will be taken into account.
The course provides the foundations that will underpin ongoing professional development, preparing graduates for further study in disciplines related to Clean Technology science or for a career in a science-related field or in other areas where the range of skills and knowledge acquired is needed or desirable.
On successful completion of the course, graduates should be able to:
- critically analyse the scientific literature and use this as a basis for planning research projects;
- understand how scientific research is funded;
- formulate hypothesises and design appropriate experiments to test them;
- use appropriate advanced methods, techniques, equipment and instrumentation to ethically collect scientific data;
- use appropriate statistical methods to analyse scientific data;
- communicate their findings to a variety of audiences in written and spoken form.
Program of study
To qualify for the Bachelor of Science (Clean Technology) (Honours) a student must complete 36 units, with a grade of P or NGP or better in each topic, according to the program of study below.
Core - Honours Year topics
36 units comprising
CPES7700A Honours Research Project (4/5/22.5 units)
CPES7700B Honours Research Project (4/5/22.5 units)
CPES7700C Honours Research Project (4/5/22.5 units)
CPES7700D Honours Research Project (4/5/22.5 units)
CPES7700E Honours Research Project (4/5/22.5 units)