We are a collective of multidisciplinary researchers and clinicians with a common goal of understanding the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system in health and disease.
We explore the fundamental mechanisms of how:
- nerve cells grow and form complex networks
- nerves communicate with other nerves and with their target organs
- the brain generates normal and abnormal behaviour
- the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves respond to damage or disease
- how the nervous system ages.
We are committed to the translation of this fundamental knowledge into clinical practice, and optimisation of commercial development of materials and procedures, to improve the quality of life for all members of society.
FHMRI Neuroscience provides a dynamic training environment for postgraduate research students, and for undergraduate students in health, science and social sciences.