The Insurance Office's involvement in motor insurance is limited to liaising with the Transport Office and Salary Sacrificing Office to collect the required information to arrange the annual renewal.

Persons involved in accidents must immediately report details to the relevant offices and they will be advised of what further steps need to be taken.

For more information on University owned vehicles refer to the Policies and Procedures for the Use of University Owned Vehicles on University Business.

Particular attention is drawn to the following:

Item 11. Accidents and Faults in Operation
Contains advice on what must be done to report any accident resulting in bodily injury and/or property damage while using a University owned vehicle.

Item 12. Use of Private Vehicles on University Business
The University will not be responsible for any loss or damage in connection with privately owned vehicles being used on university business.
The term loss or damage includes but is not limited to damage to privately owned vehicles, claim excesses, loss of ‘no claim bonus’ entitlements and liability for loss or damages caused to other vehicles or other persons’ property.