Dr Adarsha Gupta has expertise in Industrial Biotechnology, including microbial fermentation and analysis of the resultant bioproducts through various analytical techniques. He received B.Tech in Biotechnology and M.Tech in Industrial Biotechnology from India. Later, he received his PhD from Deakin University, Geelong, Victoria, Australia. His research was based on Microbial biotechnology exploring new isolates from marine sources for producing nutraceutical bioactives, such as omega-3 fatty acids and carotenoids and fatty acids for biodiesel applications by utilizing cheap carbon sources (agricultural wastes etc.) for sustainable production. He has a strong publication record of 20+ peer reviewed journal articles and 2 book chapters (please check Google Scholar or Scopus profiles) in prestigious scientific journals hand has participated in various international conferences in Australia and abroad. He has acted as external reviewer for various journal articles and on the editorial member on two reputed journals: Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology and Biomed Research International.
- Microbial isolation and characterisation
- Bioprocessing/Bioreactor operation
- Lipids and carotenoid analysis
- Bioprospecting of marine microbes capable of producing bioproducts of nutraceutical applications, including human nutrition
- Fermentation of marine microbes to obtain bioproducts suitable for food and nutrition purposes, including high value bioactives, such as omega-3 fatty acids and their analysis.
PhD in Industrial Biotechnology
You consent to the use of our cookies if you proceed.