The School of International Studies offers a vibrant, supportive and intellectually stimulating environment for more than 25 academic and 50 postgraduate researchers. Boasting strong disciplinary traditions in historical, political and social studies, it promotes interdisciplinary research with a focus on three key themes: Empires and Post-colonial legacies; International Affairs, Security and Conflict; and International Migration and Development.
The Centre for US and Asia Policy Studies (CUSAPS) provides a collaborative space for high quality, accessible research on policy issues between Australia, the US and Asia. It is well positioned to engage with the Asian century and its implications for Australia and other global players.
The School hosts the following journals:
- AsiaOnline, occasional papers and monographs
- Asian Studies Review, the journal of the Asian Studies Association of of Australia
- Australasian Review of African Studies, the journal of the African Studies Association of Australasia and the Pacific
- Flinders Journal of History and Politics, a postgraduate edited journal
- Journal of Historical Society of South Australia