Opening Date: 01-09-2018
Closing Date: 15-10-2018
Flinders University has established the Flinders University International Travel scholarship to assist students to enhance their Flinders University studies by providing an international perspective.
Subject to the availability of funding, one or more grants valued at either $500 (short term) or $1,000 (for semester) will be awarded in each year.
• Be an enrolled onshore student in an undergraduate course at Flinders University at the time of application and throughout the duration of their scholarship; and
• have successfully completed at least 36 units of the undergraduate course at the commencement of overseas study; or
• have successfully completed at least 18 units of the postgraduate course at the commencement of overseas study; and
• be accepted into a semester length international WIL project or practicum, a semester exchange, or an approved short term mobility program; and
• have their overseas study count as credit towards their course of study at Flinders University; and
• not be in receipt of any other Flinders University administered award which provides travel assistance.
The scholarship will be awarded for study undertaken overseas for a period of no longer than six months. Applicants will be eligible for a scholarship to contribute towards the cost of economy class international airfares and domestic travel with the nominated program, and additional living expenses while in-country including accommodation and meals associated.
The scholarship will be withdrawn if the subsidy holder ceases to meet the eligibility criteria specified above.
The scholarships will be funded by the Flinders International. The number of scholarships to be awarded will be determined by the Vice President and Pro-Vice Chancellor (International) (or nominee).
The Flinders University International Travel scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the extent to which an applicant’s proposed program of study will enhance their Flinders University studies by providing an international perspective. Selection will be made in consultation with Student Finance Services and Flinders International.
Applications for short-term travel in Semester 1 2019 (1 January 2019 to 30 June 2019) will close on 15 October 2018.
An application for the Flinders University Exchange Program will be considered an application for this scholarship. No separate application is required for semester or year long exchange scholarships. Interested students should consult with their College Office before applying to ensure that their proposed program of study is acceptable for credit towards their Flinders University course.
Applications should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System by the specified closing date for travel in each semester. Applicants will need to login and navigate to the My Scholarships tab to submit an application.