No upcoming events
Please remember if you can't attend a course anymore please unenrol yourself or move to the waiting list so others can attend.
To be notified of upcoming events, you can add your name to the waiting list.
Science & Engineering Demonstrator Training
This workshop is for staff new to teaching in a laboratory setting. It provides an introduction to how students learn in a laboratory, what the responsibilities of the demonstrator are and how the demonstrator can generate an environment that supports student learning.
This is a two part course:
- Part 1 is an online topic via FLO. Link and login details will be sent via email when you enrol for this course.
- Part 2 is the face-to-face workshop.
- Registering for Part 1 and Part 2 will require a Flinders login (FAN). If you don't have one, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and alternative arrangements will be organised.
Completion of Part 1 online is a prerequisite for attendance at Part 2
Please note other recommended workshops for Sessional Staff at Flinders University:-
Type of course
Who should attend
Staff new to teaching laboratory classes.
What you will learn
- Administrative and WHS requirements
- the role and responsibilities of a demonstrator
- how to promote and support student learning in the laboratory
- the role of assessment and feedback in student learning
- Pastoral care responsibilities